Membership in a radio club will provide you with many opportunities to meet new people who share your interest in radio communications.
The Philipsburg Amateur Radio Club (PARA)
The Moshannon Valley Radio Network (MVRN) is a community service of the Philipsburg Amateur Radio Association. Philipsburg PA is located at the center of the Moshannon Valley and roughly half of our members live in the valley.
We meet at noon on the second Saturday of most months at the Reliance Firemen’s Club at 500 N Centre Street in Philipsburg. New members are always welcome, regardless of where they live.
- Monthly in-person meetings
- Weekly roundtable discussions via Zoom where you can get support on technical issues from knowledgeable and experienced radio amateurs
- Annual club picnic
- Annual holiday banquet
- Opportunities to volunteer and provide radio communications for charity events such as the annual YMCA 5K/10K Walk/Run race at Black Moshannon State Park
- Opportunities to assist or receive assistance from other members in the design and construction of personal radio stations
- Opportunities to help with the design, construction, testing, operation, and maintenance of the club’s radio repeaters
- Email notifications of upcoming events
- Email notifications of changes, improvements, or issues with our repeaters
- Access to the Members Area of the PARA website
- Full Membership – $20/yr
- Associate Membership – $10/yr
You must have an Amateur Radio License to become a full member. Anyone with a GMRS license or no license can become an associate member. Associate members enjoy all of the privileges of full members except for voting and holding office.
Other Radio Clubs
Dual membership is perfectly acceptable. Several PARA members are also members of the following clubs.