NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards (NWR) is a nationwide network of radio stations broadcasting continuous weather information directly from the nearest National Weather Service office. NWR broadcasts official Weather Service warnings, watches, forecasts and other hazard information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Working with the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Emergency Alert System, NWR is an “All Hazards” radio network, making it your single source for comprehensive weather and emergency information. In conjunction with Federal, State, and Local Emergency Managers and other public officials, NWR also broadcasts warning and post-event information for all types of hazards – including natural (such as earthquakes or avalanches), environmental (such as chemical releases or oil spills), and public safety (such as AMBER alerts or 911 Telephone outages).
How to Listen
Baofeng G11S, Retevis RB27
- Press the [MONI/☁] button at the lower left corner of the keypad to enter WEATHER mode.
- Press the [+] and [-] buttons to select a weather channel.
Baofeng GM-15PRO, Radioddity GM-30
- Press and hold the [⤾/☁] button at the upper right corner of the keypad to enter WEATHER mode. The radio will automatically begin scanning all weather channels.
- To stop scanning, press and hold the [#/z] button at the lower right corner of the keypad.
- Press the [⌃] and [⌄] buttons on the top row to select a weather channel.
NOAA Weather Stations Near Philipsburg PA
- CH 1 – Clearfield
- CH 2 – Johnstown
- CH 3 – State College
- CH 4 – Altoona
- CH 5 – Warren
- CH 6 – Reynoldsville
- CH 7 – Huntingdon