Some radios allow you to directly select a frequency that is not in the radio’s channel list. In order to do this, you will need to switch from Channel (MR) mode to Frequency (VFO) mode.
How to Enter a Frequency
Retevis RB27 and Baofeng G11S
- Unfortunately, these radios do not support VFO mode. You can only use the channels that have been programmed into the radio.
Radioddity GM-30, Baofeng GM-15PRO
- Press and hold the [=] button located in the upper left corner of the keypad. Wait for the radio to switch to Frequency mode. The word “VFO” will appear at the top or the right side of the display.
- Use the keypad to enter the first six digits of the desired frequency (e.g. 452675).
- To select a different frequency, return to Step 2.
- To return to Channel mode, press and hold the [=] button located in the upper left corner of the keypad. Wait for the radio to switch to Channel mode. The word “VFO” should no longer appear anywhere on the display.
Your ability to receive a particular frequency will depend upon the distance and terrain between the signal source and your radio. For best results, use a high-gain whip antenna.
- CATA bus dispatchers and drivers communicate on 452.675 MHz.
- Blair Senior Services uses 461.525 MHz to communicate with drivers who transport senior citizens.